Thursday, October 23, 2008

October Update

Total chaos. I suppose anyone with kids can understand where I am coming from. I think at the moment the chaos is somewhat controlled. I went to AWANA last night and the girls had a lot of fun. One of our girls has downs syndrome. She had emergency surgery on Monday, her growth plate in her hip slipped out of place. Please pray for her. Her name is Libby. Anyway at the end of club, I had one of Christopher's Sparky leaders tell me how smart he was. She said that he would read the verses and then change the worlds he did not really understand to words that meant the same thing so he was sure that he knew what he was learning. I am so happy for him. He is finally able to focus enough to show the world how smart he is, something I have known all the time! Cassidy is at a girl scout event right now. She sold over 200 boxes of cookies so far. She is so proud of herself. Barry loves to come home from school and tell me everything that happened over the whole day, to him and his friends. Today and tomorrow the kids are not in school. Their teachers have inservice. Christopher's teacher went on maternity leave on Wednesday. Cassidy got a new teacher about two weeks ago. Her teacher got a new job. Barry is the only one so far that did not get a new teacher yet. I hope he does not. Christopher's teacher comes back in January. (She is having a boy, she thinks!) Anyway, I just thought I'd update everyone.

Just a quick thought -> I am SO not ready for snow!!! (The weather report says we might get some on Sunday!!) TOO SOON!!!!!

No comments: