Saturday, September 13, 2008

Weekend of rain!

What about this rain!? I took Christopher to the Colvin's house today. Ron was going to spend the afternoon with him. (They had a really good time.) Anyway, I got a phone call from Ron telling me not to take 73rd. If you know 73rd avenue in Hobart/Merrillville, then you will know about the dangerous curve that is between 51 and Colorado. There is a sinkhole about 14 feet deep across both lanes of the road. When I got to the Colvin's house, there was a car in the sinkhole almost completely under water. All I could see was the left rear tire and part of the trunk! The man driving the car got out OK, but his car was flooded in a BIG way! For all you Northwest Indiana people, you will know that the rain is not over yet. We are supposed to get heavy rain tonight and the weather report on the radio said "100% chance of heavy rain tomorrow." Roads all over the area are already under water. There has been so much rain already. I suppose I should not complain. We are not in the middle of Hurricane Ike, so it could be worse. Cassidy is at a horse show in southern Indiana and they have not had rain there yet. She got pushed over by the baby horse and got muddy, so I guess that means that they did have rain earlier this week. Anyway, I'll keep you posted!

No comments: