Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Much Needed Reality Check

There are days when Christopher is raging and so angry that it is scary to hear. He will arbitrarily hurt someone just because he is mad at me. Today for example, I took his gameboy away because this week is no TV week, which of course includes video games and computer (for the kids). For the past twenty minutes he has raged around, screaming at everyone, kicking things and generally being pissed at the world. Enter my reality check: whenever I get into my blog site, I always check the updates of the many blogs I follow. Among my favorites are the adoption ones. The reason I like them so much is that these families give up everything to adopt the children that need the love the most. Most of the children that they adopt are special needs: physical, emotional, or mental. While I have a child with some serious anger; there are times when these families are dealing with multiple problems at once, from multiple children. I sometimes forget that my one child is very easy to deal with when you look at what other people are dealing with. My son is just now starting to calm down. I started to write this blog almost 45 minutes ago. I had to physically hold him down so he would not hurt the other kids, himself or me. We are just getting past this episode of anger (almost an hour into to it.) I love my child, anger and all, although I wish I could figure out how to help him. In the long scheme of things, even with an angry child, my life is not so hard. :)

No comments: